Town Planning Manager - Suffolk
An exciting opportunity for a Planning Manager to join a highly successful Planning and Design Department. Working alongside other members of the Department, as well as the Land and Commercial Departments, the successful candidate will be responsible for providing planning and development input across a diverse and exciting portfolio of projects, contributing to the delivery of high-quality landscape and design-led sustainable schemes.
The successful candidate will be responsible for managing the delivery of projects in accordance with agreed planning strategies, following initial site selection through to the point of disposal or build. You will be required to manage projects and project delivery teams, and to proactively liaise with external parties, including investors, landowners, local authorities, statutory consultees, housing associations, surveyors, environmental and design consultants, statutory undertakers, contractors and community members/groups.
As a member of the Planning and Design Department, you will be qualified to Degree level in a planning or related discipline and will be able to demonstrate the following:
- Planner (at least 5 years post qualification experience).
- Experience of working in either/both the public and private sectors.
- Good working knowledge of planning matters related to all aspects of development.
- Experience and good understanding of the planning and development process.
- High standards of numeracy, literacy and IT skills.
- The ability to work both as part of a team and individually.
- A strong personality which encourages good working relationships both within and outside of the company.
- Ambition to succeed in a privately owned, successful property company.
You will be responsible for managing and delivering a diverse portfolio of projects, in accordance with agreed planning strategies.
Your responsibilities will include the following:
- Preparation of planning development management appraisals.
- Preparation of planning policy appraisals.
- Managing external project teams to prepare and submit planning applications.
- 106 Evaluations.
- Community Engagement and Political and Community Auditing.
- Management of project programmes and budgets.
- Supervision of professional service firms and consultants.
- Contributing to the continued improvement of internal project management systems.
- Carrying out general research and administration where necessary.
- Discharge S106 Obligations and planning conditions, where appropriate.