Are you an MRTPI Planner in the Reading/Thames Valley area? Are you looking to work for one of the leading planning consultancies in the country? This firm are a hugely successful and ambitious organisation with a national network of offices.
You will be joining a large, modern, open-plan, multi-disciplinary office where planning is one of the key disciplines. They have a really impressive client base of local and national housebuilders, developers, land owners, property companies, government organisations, public sector bodies and more. They work on exciting projects that tend to be large in scale giving you fantastic exposure to really innovative and a diverse range of schemes (including but not limited to residential, mixed-use, commercial and strategic sites. The team have been operating in Thames Valley region for a long time and are one of the key names in the area.
The successful candidate will MRTPI (or close to submission) and are likely to have around 1-4 years' experience. You should have a good understanding of local, regional and national planning policy and experience in preparing/submitting planning applications. Consultancy experience would be advantageous, but we can also consider applications from those in the public sector. Your responsibilities include:
- Working as part of a team on large scale residential, mixed use and commercial developments
- Preparation, submission and negotiation of planning applications
- Assisting with major applications (Outline, Full, Sub Framework Plan and Reserved Matters) including; attending meetings, preparation of meeting minutes, deliverable trackers, programmes, drafting planning statements, public consultation and responses to consultees
- Conducting research and site appraisals on projects for our client base
- Assisting with the promotion of a range of development proposals
- Assisting with co-ordination of multi-disciplinary project teams and project management
- Drafting policy representations
- Providing planning appeal assistance
- Developing Planning technical knowledge and awareness of other Barton Willmore disciplines and offices
You will be rewarded with a competitive salary and benefits package, full RTPI support if still needed, exposure to great projects, structured progression and reward as well as being part of a lovely team and office environment.
To apply for this role and to discuss it further please do not hesitate to contact Ruth Hoggett (firstname.lastname@example.org). By clicking apply, please be assured that your CV will not be sent to the client until you have been fully briefed on the role and given permission for us to do so. We will confidentially retain your details and inform you of any other suitable opportunities arising should you not be successful in this role.