Beach Baker is currently working with a leading property company to recruit a Service Charge Accountant in its London head office. This is an immediate requirement on a 12-month fixed term contract basis.
This person will provide support to the Property Managers on service charge apportionment schedules; ensuring that budgets are correctly recorded, and that year end reconciliations are completed in a timely manner.
Duties of the role will include:
- Support budget holders with preparation for annual increases / charges
- Year-end reconciliations/true-ups
- Monitoring of caps & incentives
- Production of final financial statements for tenants
- Organise the audit and post audit journals
- Resolution of queries
- Support on new property set up
- Liaising with external service charge auditors
- Understanding of billing cycles - English & Irish quarters
- Dealing with Property Asset Team
The successful candidate for this role will be qualified or part-qualified in a recognised accounting qualification (CIMA, ACCA, AAT) with an understanding of client reporting & service charge requirements, ideally in a property related role. You should be highly numerate with strong attention to detail and excellent communication skills.