Are you a Town Planner in the Cambridge area operating at Senior Planner level? Are you looking to work for one of the leading planning consultancies in the country? This firm are a hugely successful and ambitious organisation with a national network of offices.
We are seeking applications from MRTPI chartered Town Planners to join one of the leading planning teams in the East Anglia region. They have a really impressive client base of local and national housebuilders, developers, land owners, property companies, government organisations, public sector bodies and more. They work on exciting projects that tend to be large in scale giving you fantastic exposure to really innovative and a diverse range of schemes (including but not limited to residential, mixed-use, strategic (site promotion work), urban regeneration, commercial, industrial, energy and infrastructure. The team have been operating in the East Anglia region for a long time and are one of the key names in the area.
The successful candidate will be MRTPI and have a minimum of 2-3 years' experience in planning. This could be gained from either another consultancy environment (preferred) or a local authority as long as some of your experience has been in development management. You should have a good understanding of local, regional and national planning policy and be confident interpreting it coupled with plenty of experience in preparing/submitting planning applications for a range of uses. Your responsibilities include:
- Assisting with major applications (Outline, Full, Sub Framework Plan and Reserved Matters) including; attending meetings, preparation of meeting minutes, deliverable trackers, programmes, drafting planning statements, public consultation and responses to consultees
- Conducting research and site appraisals on projects for a wide client base
- Assisting with the promotion of a range of development proposals
- Assisting with co-ordination of multi-disciplinary project teams and project management
- Drafting policy representations
- Providing planning appeal assistance
You will be rewarded with a competitive salary and benefits package, exposure to great projects, structured progression and reward as well as being part of a lovely team and office environment. The office has an aggressive growth plan with secured investment from the board so it's a great time to join them.
To apply for this role and to discuss it further please do not hesitate to contact Ruth Hoggett (email@example.com). By clicking apply, please be assured that your CV will not be sent to the client until you have been fully briefed on the role and given permission for us to do so. We will confidentially retain your details and inform you of any other suitable opportunities arising should you not be successful in this role.