Planning & Development Manager - client-side (London)
Beach Baker has been instructed exclusively on behalf of one of the UK's leading energy companies to recruit a Planning & Development Manager. The firm are well-known for their investment and operation of one of the largest renewable energy sites in the UK (almost £1bn has been invested in the scheme).
As Planning and Development Manager, the successful candidate will supervise and manage specific P&D/estates activities, which will contribute significantly to the strategy, expansion and profitability of the business. You will play a key role in overseeing a London-based NSIP, along with managing other smaller-scale schemes, and will be a vital part of the firm's wider development team.
- Managing, coordinating and reviewing extensive EIA/technical assessments before and during the examination of the NSIP by governmental bodies
- Leading discussions and negotiations with primary stakeholders
- Coordinating non-statutory and statutory consultations, ensuring compliance with regulation and effective management of public relations and external communications.
- Managing numerous smaller scale development projects through planning and tender
- Determining which work should be outsourced and subsequently managing the relevant parties
- Monitor LDPs and make appropriate representations accordingly
Ideally you will have/be:
- 2:1/equivalent (or higher) town planning/environmental/natural sciences degree
- Have excellent rapport-building skills, including with both stakeholders and internal and external teams, and have a commercial mindset
- Infrastructure/energy projects experience (ideally with NSIPs/DCOs)
- Experience with large-scale EIAs
- Previously worked in a consultancy / client-side - ideally 2-6 years' post-qualification experience
- Have an active interest in the energy/infrastructure/sustainability sector
Remuneration is flexible and dependent on experience, and will include:
- Base salary between £45,000 - £65,000
- Bonus scheme (25%)
- Car/car allowance
- Employer-matched pension of 5%
- Tax-free electric car leasing scheme (with charging points at every site)
- Other soft benefits, including good annual leave allowance, flexible working from home arrangements (dependent on meetings) etc.
To be considered, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org in the first instance. Your CV will not be sent to any firm without your consent, it is simply so we can assess your suitability for the role.
We are aware that some people can be dissuaded from applying for a job if their skills don't match every requirement. If you are keen to confidentially discuss opportunities in Town Planning, please get in contact. We have a multitude of roles that you could be a good fit for!