Beach Baker has been engaged by a leading property consultancy to identify a compelling opportunity for a Surveyor or Senior Surveyor within their Professional team in Bristol.
The Professional team specialises in rent review, lease renewals, valuation, and associated advisory services primarily focused on office, retail, and industrial properties in the West Country markets. However, the team also engages in work beyond this region when necessary.
Their expertise extends to providing clients with guidance on break clauses, lease restructuring, dilapidations, and other leasehold-related matters, along with offering strategic advice.
Clients include corporate occupiers, property companies, institutional investors, retailers and local authorities across a range of property sectors.
This role presents an exciting opportunity to join a rapidly growing team, with the potential for you to assume responsibility for your own caseload and clients.
The scope of work will be wide-ranging, involving the provision of valuation advice and lease advisory services. Your input and commitment will be highly esteemed and duly rewarded. The ideal candidate is expected to possess strong communication skills, self-motivation, and an exemplary attention to detail.
Summary of role:
- Client focused role developing and maintaining a strong base of internal and external contacts
- Collating evidence and compiling both pre-negotiation reports for advisory work
- Negotiating rent reviews, lease renewals, surrenders and re-gears on behalf of landlords and tenants (as appropriate)
- Preparing reports for 3rd party referrals and heads of terms for lease renewals
- Working closely with agency and transactional teams
- Excellent communication and client interfacing skills
- Able to take on an increasing workload as you progress through the firm
- Competitive salary, car allowance and bonus scheme
- 25 days annual leave, plus bank holidays
- Flexible benefits including health cash plan, holiday purchase, cycle to work, gym
- and retail discounts
- Continuing professional development
- Pension scheme
- Life insurance 4 x salary
- Employee assistance program, volunteering policy, professional subscription/fees
- Mobile telephone, Laptop
Skills and experience:-
- Experience of working within a lease advisory department
- MRICS qualification preferable
- Good understanding of landlord and tenant legislation
- Full, clean driving licence essential
The ideal candidate should possess APC (Assessment of Professional Competence) experience, preferably with a demonstrated background in lease consultancy or a strong eagerness to enter this sector. The hiring manager is open to considering candidates ranging from Graduate Surveyor to Senior Surveyor, emphasising that personal character and a determined drive for success are paramount qualities sought in the prospective candidate.
Your application will be dealt with in the strictest confidence by Rupert Stuart-Baker. Please call our office on 07557 978 873 or alternatively send your CV to email@example.com (at this stage do not worry if it's not up-to-date).
For more property jobs please visit www.beachbaker.co.uk and do email to arrange a conversation as we don't always advertise all our instructions.