Beach Baker is delighted to be exclusively partnering with a private investment and asset management company to recruit a new Head of Property / Managing Director.
This role is an exciting opportunity to join a traditional family property company and proactively manage a portfolio comprising office, industrial, retail and residential properties.
You will be guaranteed interesting work, a high level of autonomy, lots of responsibility and accountability.
Our client is a family run property company with an excellent track record of investment and real estate development.
They specialise in transforming buildings into premium office space, or quality apartments as well as the development of industrial warehousing and logistic distribution centres.
The company is driven by a dedicated team and is focused on producing real returns through a detailed acquisition strategy, investigative research, careful stock selection and hands on asset management.
Their strong performance is achieved through their efficient team 'rolling up their sleeves' and working to the highest standard.
The main responsibilities will include:
- Leading a nationwide team of 10-12 property professionals to ensure smooth running of the estate including management of staff motivation, training, setting work allocation and relevant KPI's.
- Carrying out duties relating to asset management including new leases, lease re-gears and renewals, rent reviews, small work projects and managing service charge budgets to RICS standards in liaison with a close-knit team.
- Maximising assets by identifying and appraising opportunities and implementing refurbishments. Negotiate heads of terms, taking responsibility for implementing new leases from start to completion, including dilapidations settlements at expiry.
- Carrying out appraisals for proposed extensions and new builds using excel or specialist development appraisal software to present to the board.
- Liaising with agents and solicitors to ensure maximum take up of space and concluding lettings as expeditiously as possible.
- Working closely with the senior management team in drafting and creating quarterly reports for the board.
- Build positive relationships with tenants with a view to meeting their needs and enhancing the service they receive.
- Initiate cost reductions and find opportunities to add value with ability to analyse the market to achieve and exceed rental performance at appropriate times during economic cycle.
- Embrace new and innovative property marketing ideas and be passionate about finding new ways to attract new occupies in liaison with agents, PR consultants and the company website.
- Be a critical team player, working with the Development Director, in designing, building, letting and managing new developments.
- Conduct commercial and residential portfolio property inspections, when required.
- Be point of contact for consultants and suppliers such as project managers, architects, solicitors, building surveyors, valuers, insurance brokers, contractors, and agents
- Put in place refurbishment project works as necessary to maintain required CAPEX levels.
- Managing and collaborating with the appointed independent insurance brokers, to ensure periodic insurance revaluations are carried out and insurance claims made as necessary
- Overseeing the implementation of health and safety procedures, energy cost analysis, business rates expenditure, and energy efficiency procedures with appointed agents and advisors.
- Overseeing and coordinating selection and recruitment process of new staff, where applicable, including screening CVs and conducting interviews.
- Approachable leader and team player with the ability to delegate appropriately.
- Diligent and organised approach to work and ability to multi-task and think on your feet.
- Strong commercial property background and knowledge of L&T legislation
- Basic understanding of residential property legislation (although portfolio might be sold).
- Able to manage multiple caseloads effectively at any one time.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office suite
- Competency in property related software packages such as Re-leased, PropMan, Argus, Safety Culture, Xero, etc.
- Previous experience of asset management, including overseeing service charges and insurance renewals.
- Preferable experience across entire property spectrum including retail, office, industrial and residential (although this element might be sold)
- Proven track record of managing a property team
- People management skills.
The Package & Benefits
- £100,000 - £150,000 depending on experience
- Up to 30 days annual leave
- Contemporary offices
- Opportunity to develop and progress with the business.
How to apply
If you are looking to 'roll up your sleeves' in a hands on property asset management leadership role this could be for you. With considerable opportunity to prove your ability to a high net worth individual who is entrusting the successful individual to manage their property assets built up over decades. Please contact the retained recruitment advisors at Beach Baker, Rupert Stuart-Baker at email@example.com / 07557 978 873. All direct and third party applications will be forwarded to Beach Baker Property Recruitment for review and not recognised as an introduction.