Beach Baker is pleased to be working with a charitable organisation to recruit a Head of Estates & Facilities on an interim basis to manage a large site with multiple buildings close to Gerrards Cross. The role is available immediately and the contract will be for between 3-6 months.
The main duties of the role will include:
- To ensure the charity meets all statutory and regulatory compliance in the maintenance and improvement of its properties and site.
- Deliver an effective property maintenance service across all site in accordance with management contracts and best practice.
- Provide professional senior management support to all direct reports and conduct one to ones, mid-year and annual appraisals to a high standard.
- Devise, implement and deliver a planned and reactive maintenance programme and budget, which delivers compliance, value for money, and in line with the overall Estates Strategy.
- Lead the delivery and implementation of appropriate health and safety policies, procedures, and systems.
- Lead and be responsible for modernising the booking and management processes for repairs & maintenance.
- Regularly review the performance of appointed contractors to ensure they meet the needs of current and future planned and reactive maintenance works. Procure new contractors in accordance with the Procurement Procedures and establish the most cost-effective rates for work.
The ideal candidate for this role will have prior experience in a similar senior level Estates / FM role, and in managing a team. They will need to have experience in effectively managing complex budgets, ensuring H&S compliance, and procurement of contractors. A NEBOSH or IOSH qualification is also required.