Graduate / Estates Surveyor
Beach Baker are delighted to be working with MDL Marinas to secure a Graduate / Estates Surveyor, having successfully recruited an Estates Manager. This exciting role, where the successful candidate will be responsible for allocated marina estates, is an immediate requirement and we are actively seeking applicants.
MDL Marina's is the UK's leading Marina Operator. Its property business, MDL Estates, manages a multi asset class portfolio with circa 500 commercial tenants across 19 UK locations across the south coast. To help the team deliver exceptional service they are seeking to appoint ideally a RICS accredited or relevant degree qualified Graduate or Chartered Surveyor to join as a Graduate / Estates Surveyor, based at their Hampshire HQ in Southampton.
About MDL's team
The MDL team includes experienced and professionally qualified specialists in all facets of marina development and marina operations. During the course of 45 years' operating in the marina sector the team have developed a complete in-house management and development resource that is not only self-sufficient but broad in its experience and knowledge.
- We are seeking a Graduate / Estates Surveyor with a RICS accredited or relevant degree.
- For the effective estate management and development of the marinas, the Graduate / Estates Surveyor will need to ensure that a high quality of customer service is provided to the marina teams and MDL's tenants to ensure the profit potential of each estate is maximised.
- A key part of the role is to be an active member of the management team and to contribute to business planning and the overall success of the MDL Estates.
- The Graduate / Estates Surveyor will present regular reports and advice papers to the Head of Estates as required.
- Support through the Assessment of Professional Competence process, in order to attain RICS membership, can be provided if necessary.
- This is a diverse portfolio with a rent roll of c£5m pa and consists of offices, licenced & leisure properties, workshops, retail, residential and warehouses. The role will require regular travel across the estate.
These role will involve:
- Preparation of rent, insurance and service charge budgets annually.
- Inspection of the investment estate and liaising with tenants.
- Negotiation of new lettings and lease events.
To be considered you will:
- Have a RICS accredited or relevant degree in Real Estate, or similar and or ideally have worked in commercial property.
- Ideally have some experience in Estate Management.
- Ideally hold some understanding of Landlord & Tenant Legislation.
Sound like you? To apply you need to be/have: -
- RICS accredited degree, and or MRICS with some work experience in property.
- Commercially minded
- A team player
- With an ability to inspire and engage
How to apply
MDL could be the perfect professional home for you. You'll have a chance to innovate with the leading business in marinas. You will also make long-lasting professional connections through sharing different perspectives, and you'll be inspired by the best in the sector.
For further information, and a copy of the candidate information pack, please contact our retained advisors, Dan Cole (firstname.lastname@example.org / 07443 880 834) and Rupert Stuart-Baker (email@example.com / 07557 978 873) at Beach Baker Property Recruitment.
Applications should consist of a CV. All third-party and direct applications will be forwarded to Beach Baker Property Recruitment for review and not recognised as introductions.