Beach Baker is working with a successful independent property consultancy to recruit a Facilities Manager in its Property & Asset Management team. The Facilities Manager will be based out of the Bristol office and take responsibility for a mixed portfolio of office, retail and industrial properties throughout the South West, with regular travel to the various sites required.
Duties of the role will include;
- To monitor all activities relating to the sites, reporting and taking action as appropriate.
- Regular inspections of the building fabric and external spaces.
- To work with key stakeholders to ensure a maintenance and repair programme is in place.
- To compile and maintain records including asset register, plans, plant testing, etc.
- To liaise with tenants and deal with any operational queries.
- To attend tenants' meetings with the surveying team as required.
- To be responsible for Health and Safety compliance on site and the maintenance of records.
- To be responsible for environmental management on site, in compliance with policy.
- To organise fire and other safety evacuations and arrange an emergency plan.
- To liaise with local authorities as appropriate.
- To ensure the property achieves the KPIs set by the client, in conjunction with other stakeholders.
- To manage major work programmes on site, acting as the liaison point for all parties involved.
The ideal candidate for this role will have a proven track record in a multi-site facilities management role, with knowledge of legislation relating to FM. Experience in setting and managing service charge budgets is preferred, as is a BIFM membership and IOSH or NEBOSH qualification. Candidates should have excellent communication skills and the ability to maintain strong tenant and client relationships. A full UK drivers licence is also required.