Beach Baker are delighted to be working with MDL Marinas to secure an Estates Surveyor having already successfully recruited an Estates Manager. This exciting role, where the successful candidate will be responsible for allocated marina estates is an immediate requirement and we are actively seeking more applicants for this position.
MDL Marina's is the UK's leading Marina Operator. Its property business, MDL Estates, manages a multi asset class portfolio with around 500 commercial tenants across 19 locations. To help the team deliver exceptional service they are seeking to appoint ideally a Chartered Surveyor to join as Estates Surveyor, based at their Hampshire HQ in Southampton.
About MDL's team
The MDL team includes experienced and professionally qualified specialists in all facets of marina development and marina operations. During the course of 45 years' operating in the marina sector the team have developed a complete in-house management and development resource that is not only self-sufficient but broad in its experience and knowledge.
- We are seeking an Estates Surveyor with a minimum of 1 years+ PQE.
- The successful candidates will be responsible to the Head of Estates and have proven experience working in commercial property, have a demonstrable track record in Property and Estate Management and hold a good understanding of Landlord & Tenant.
- For the effective estate management and development of the marinas, the Estates Surveyor will need to ensure that a high quality of customer service is provided to the marina teams and MDL's tenants to ensure the profit potential of each estate is maximised.
- A key part of both roles is to be an active member of the management team and to contribute to business planning and the overall success of the MDL Estates.
- The Estates Surveyor will present regular reports and advice papers to the Head of Estates as required
- This is a diverse portfolio with a rent roll of c£5m pa and consists of offices, licenced & leisure properties, workshops, retail and warehouses. The role will require regular travel across the estate of 19 marinas, which are located across the South of England.
These roles will involve:
- Preparation of rent, insurance and service charge budgets annually.
- Inspection of the investment estate and liaising with tenants.
- Negotiation of new lettings.
To be considered you will:
- Be ideally a Chartered Surveyor and have worked in commercial property.
- Ideally have some experience in Estate Management.
- Hold a good understanding of Landlord & Tenant Legislation.
Sound like you? To apply you need to be/have: -
- Ideally MRICS qualification with 1+ years PQE
- Commercially minded
- A team player
- With an ability to inspire and engage
How to apply
MDL is the perfect professional home. You'll have a chance to innovate with the leading business in marinas. You'll also make long-lasting professional connections through sharing different perspectives, and you'll be inspired by the best in the sector.
For further information, and a copy of the candidate information pack, please contact our retained advisors, Dan Cole email@example.com / 07443 880 834 and Rupert Stuart-Baker (firstname.lastname@example.org / 07557 978 873) at Beach Baker Property Recruitment.
Applications should consist of a CV. All third-party and direct applications will be forwarded to Beach Baker Property Recruitment for review and not recognised as introductions.