Are you an experienced Estates Surveyor or Land Agent looking to join a company that values collaboration and has a progressive mindset? Are you looking for a new challenge where you will be influential in driving the business forwards towards its goals?
We have an exciting opportunities available for an Estates Surveyor to join a busy Estates team working in Bristol. You will join us on a full-time, permanent basis, and in return, you will receive a salary of £45,000 - £55,000 per annum plus excellent benefits and development opportunities.
About the role:
The Estates Team leads on acquisition of rights required for capital projects or operational needs, management and disposal of land ensuring compliance with statutory or other drivers, delivering exceptional customer service whilst minimising cost to the Business. No two days are the same. They take a lead in innovating across a range of challenges on both a Company-wide and national stage.
Working alongside multi-disciplinary engineering teams on a variety of new and exciting projects and providing strategic land and property advice. From enhancing water quality and supply to projects protecting customers and the environment. You will also support the Company's Operational teams in acquiring access to land to inspect, maintain, repair, and improve its vast network across the South West.
What you'll be doing:
- You'll deliver a high-quality service to projects, teams and the business
- Providing expert advice on the Company's Statutory Powers of Entry
- Preparing and issuing Statutory Notices under the Water Industry Act 1991, Land referencing, implementing licences and agreements.
- Preparing valuations and budgets
- Negotiating compensation claims
- Working to acquiring land and land rights on behalf of the business
- Liaising with our Landowners and consulting with them on a range of different topics
- Agreeing and advising on accommodation and reinstatement works
- Providing advice on pipe route and site selection, arranging Magistrates Warrants of Entry, Upper Tribunal (Lands chamber) referrals and CPO enquiries
- Representing the Company at meetings and liaising with key internal and external stakeholders
- Assisting with the training, mentoring and supervision of Surveyors working towards their APC, together with professional advice, guidance and support on other aspects in the Property Services Department as required.
What we are looking for:
- Qualified Chartered Surveyor (FRICS or MRICS) in either a rural, commercial or valuation practice
- You will have experience in dealing with consent and access issues together with a broad understanding of the legislation and regulations affecting the water industry or a similar regulated sector
- You will be proficient in negotiation and influencing skills and you must be able to demonstrate an ability to communicate effectively with a range of stakeholders internally and externally to include customers, landowners, and Local Authorities, as well as statutory consultees, objectors and their agents.
- A proven track record of negotiating, and settling complex compensation claims and acquiring land for capital scheme purposes.
- An understanding of the statutes, statutory instruments, case law and government guidance in respect of the statutory compensation code and compulsory purchase procedures
- A proven ability to work under pressure to meet tight timescales by good prioritisation and time management skills
What's in it for you:
This isn't just a job, this is a career; the opportunities to develop and grow your career are endless. Alongside ongoing training and development opportunities they offer some great benefits:
- 26 days holiday allowance rising to 30 days plus bank holidays
- Generous contributory pension scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Discretionary bonus
- Share save scheme
- Subsidised healthcare benefits
- Plus, many more!
Your application will be dealt with in the strictest confidence by Dan Cole. Please call our office on 07443 880 834 or alternatively send your CV (at this stage do not worry if it's not up-to-date) directly to firstname.lastname@example.org