Overview of the role
Estates Manager, working within the building products distribution division of a listed Plc, with full
responsibility for supporting the business and managing property related matters across c90 trade counter
- A key member of the divisional team.
- Overseeing the smooth running of the estate.
- Developing and implementing a rolling plan of priority activity.
- Actively engaged in annual cost budgeting as part of the forward looking plan for the estate.
- Carrying out inspections including pre lease/acquisitions surveys, dilapidations and building conditions.
- Assisting Regional Managers in developing their business case for new branch locations, to include a
strategic assessment of the local property market dynamics, market benchmarking of rents and
identification of key risks pertaining to rental commitments over 2-5 years.
- Sourcing and securing new sites when required and negotiating best terms.
- Project managing the set up and fit out of new / relocated units to time and budget, by working with the
local operational team, local / national contractors and other key suppliers and stakeholders.
- Completing and negotiating rent reviews, lease renewals and general practice matters and estate
- Managing maintenance, repairs and renovations required as part of tenant obligations.
- Negotiating dilapidation settlements.
- Ensure all relevant administration on exiting of a property/entering a property.
- First point of contact for all property matters within the business division.
- Developing landlord relationships.
Key Experience Required:
- Educated to Degree level or equivalent in property-related discipline and ideally be MRICS qualified.
- Relevant estate management experience
- Proven track record of concluding rent reviews, lease regears, lease renewals.
- Knowledge of legal and guidance framework relevant to the post, including a good understanding of
commercial property leases.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to challenge constructively.
- Good interpersonal skills and the ability to work independently within the context of a wider team.
- Ability to handle and prioritise a varied and demanding workload
- Able to persuade and negotiate effectively.
- Full driver's licence