Director of Estates (Rural)
Managing c200,000 hectares of rural property across Scotland, the Inverness based Estate Management and Professional Team provides advice on rural and residential property. The firm in Scotland also has teams of specialist forestry, energy and renewables, natural capital, agency, residential development, planners and grid and infrastructure professionals acting for a range of clients across the country.
This is an exceptional opportunity to lead and develop a highly profitable team within one of the UK's leading property consultancy's.
Heading up the Estates team, you will also be a productive and profitable fee earner, with a particular focus in the area of professional work. This role has a focus on business development, therefore, you must have excellent interpersonal skills and an ability to build and maintain strong relationships with clients.
What you'll be doing
- Develop and maintain a portfolio of management and professional instructions including diversification projects, grant sourcing, business plans, compulsory purchase/utility schemes, landlord and tenant matters
- Carry out professional instructions for a range of clients: financial institutions, private and corporate owners, and rural businesses.
- Understand and have experience of all valuation methodologies
- Review client property holdings, undertake analysis of data, and value a wide variety of property assets
- Demonstrate a working knowledge of the rural marketplace and competition
- Target new prospects for new business and seek cross-selling opportunities for the team and others
- Develop contacts and business associations with peers, professionals, and potential clients in the region
- Lead and manage the Estates team to inspire them to deliver profitable work of high quality
- Ensure corporate standards and best practice are adhered to at all times
- Provide regular updates to senior management to report financial results
- MRICS qualified
- Extensive post qualification experience
- Proven team management experience in a similar role
- Proven track record of developing and maintaining a portfolio of management and professional instructions
- Proven business winner
- Team player
- Strong communication skills
- Excellent financial and commercial acumen
You will be provided with an excellent benefits package: Twenty Nine days holiday (increasing with length of service), up to 8% contributory pension, health insurance, profit share based bonus schemes, car allowance or company car, medicash scheme (money towards dental treatments, opticians and remedial therapies).
A competitive salary is on offer - including a relocation package if applicable.
Your application will be dealt with in the strictest confidence by Dan Cole. Please call our office on 07443 880 834 or alternatively send your CV (at this stage do not worry if it's not up-to-date) directly to firstname.lastname@example.org