We are looking for a Building Surveyor to support our Client with carrying out a wide range of commercial survey work. This will include landlord and tenant work, contract administration, reinstatement cost assessments and commercial building surveys. The role is home- rather than office-based. The area covered will be tailored to your home location, and will focus on the regions around Manchester and Liverpool.
You will join a nationwide, multi-disciplined team and will have support from surveyors and structural engineers with a diverse range of expertise. They offer the option to work closely with clients and get involved with sourcing new business, with potential for mentoring and developing a team if that is something you are interested in.
Because they are an independent company, they have the flexibility to design a package to meet your needs. Whether you want flexible working, the chance to try something different or even the opportunity to become a partner in the company, for the right person, they can make it work.
You need to be chartered with the RICS or CIOB and be able to commit to delivering an excellent service to clients.
You need to have strong attention to detail and be confident in carrying out commercial survey work independently to a high standard.
You will have experience of:
- a broad range of commercial work
- for example: dilapidations, schedules of condition, contract administration, acquisition surveys and technical due diligence
- preparing and presenting technically robust reports
- providing clear, concise, justified conclusions
- working independently and within a team structure
- liaising with clients, both verbally and through written correspondence
A full UK driving licence is required.
What's on offer
- £45,000-£60,000, depending on experience
- An industry-leading performance-related bonus scheme
- A diverse role with excellent opportunities for career progression: partnership is a possibility for the right person
- A supportive network of in-house professionals
- Flexible and generous packages to suit you. These typically include (but are not limited to):
- flexible working and working from home
- 25+ days annual leave plus bank holidays
- car allowance
- payment of professional subscriptions and support with CPD
- provision of all surveying and home office equipment
- pension contribution
- life insurance
- enhanced parental leave