Retail Asset Management Director
£Excellent + Car + Bonus + Benefits
3 days in London/2 days in Birmingham
A leading private property investment company have instructed Beach Baker to recruit a senior Retail Asset Management Director to oversee a large team of Asset Managers. The successful post-holder will further enhance the group’s commitment to improving returns and achieving asset growth through strategic management and development of their assets.
This an important and dynamic senior level position that will shape and drive forward the direction and performance of the retail division for the Group. A candidate must be able to ‘roll up their sleeves’ and proactively lead a large team of Asset Managers located throughout the UK whose purpose is to increased returns across the portfolio.
The successful candidate will have full responsibility for large retail portfolio and therefore be accountable for strategic leadership of a team of Asset Managers. The retail portfolio is nationwide and contains a huge number of varied tenants within food retail properties, retail and leisure parks, high street shops, local convenience parades and shopping centres.
It’s vital the Retail Asset Management Director encourages the Asset Managers to build strong relationships with their tenants, which may often involve accompanying them to sites visits and visiting each property to get an idea of value enhancement opportunities.
Asset Management Director Responsibilities:
- Updating and reporting to the CEO and MD on performance of the asset management team and financial performance of the retail portfolio.
- Overseeing and supporting the Asset Manager with their lease re-gearing, renewals, rent reviews and management of void properties including their marketing & negotiating new lease terms.
- Working with the AM’s to identify opportunities to add value through repositioning assets through refurbishment & redevelopment.
- Passing acquisitions and disposals suggestions to the CEO and Managing Director.
- Supporting and working with the AM’s with their capital works projects, refurbishments, dilapidations and estate management matters.
- Preparing & presenting performance reports for the division to the board.
Skills /Qualifications Required:
1. Member of RICS – 15+ years PQE.
2. Proven Retail Asset Management experience essential.
3. Excellent work ethic, communication, interpersonal, organisational & time management skills.
4. Commercially minded, astute and market aware.
Please speak to Rupert Stuart-Baker on 07557 978873 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.