Client-Side Property Manager
Beach Baker are delighted to be partnering with London & Cambridge Properties (LCP) as retained recruitment consultants for a number of roles, including an in-house Property Manager, based in Bristol. This exciting role, is part of a growth plan as a result of recent acquisitions by the Group.
About the LCP
LCP are a leading privately owned investment and property management company, established in 1987, operating in key locations throughout Europe including the UK, Germany and Poland.
Principle activities include the acquisition and management of commercial properties along with the provision of associated services.
Specialists in intensive property management with a proven track record in improving income and value of assets within a mixed-use property portfolio. They are committed to improving returns and achieving asset growth, through management of a mixed use and multi-tenanted property portfolio.
The Group applies this consistent intensive philosophy across the whole Group through over 225 employees based in principal offices in Kingswinford, London, Bristol, Glasgow, Düsseldorf and Warsaw covering all facets of portfolio asset management
The portfolio is managed by an in-house team of experienced Asset Managers and Property Managers who manage over 540 sites, 6,000 tenants and 23,500,000 sq ft of property.
About the team
The Bristol office was established over two years ago and comprises of 3 x Asset Managers and 1 x Property Manager, with plans to recruit a Property Manager and Building Surveyor.
The office is located at Great George Street (just off Park Street) with excellent access to city centre amenities including Clifton, Cabot Circus and Harbourside. The team are a sociable and supportive group of Chartered Surveyors and property professionals.
The successful candidate will assist, oversee and manage the operations of retail and industrial properties within a South West portfolio. Reporting to the Head of Bristol Office and working closely with the Bristol office and national property management team. Regions include South West, South Wales and South Coast and will include:
- Oversee the day-to-day management undertaken by on site staff.
- To oversee on site Quarterly Management Meetings.
- To oversee on site Quarterly Health & Safety Meetings.
- To ensure on site Statutory Compliance is met and records are maintained.
- To progress tenant applications for assignments and sub-lettings.
- To progress tenant applications for Landlords consents to carry out alterations.
- To work with Credit Control to ensure recovery of rent and service charge arrears.
- Working with the Asset Manager and on-site staff in the preparation of annual service charge budgets to include the preparation of explanatory notes to be issued to the tenants.
- Working with the Account Team and Centre Management (if applicable) the preparation of end of year service charge expenditure statements together with the preparation of explanatory notes to be issued to tenants.
- Undertaking void premises inspections and management regimes to ensure the premise are maintained in good repair and in a safe condition for viewing purposes.
- To work with the Insurance Team on progressing property and public liability claims.
- Working with the Asset Manager to build up working relationships with adjacent property owners and local Authorities.
- Overseeing/implementing service provider periodic contract tendering progresses to ensure value for money is being received at all times.
- Implement and develop service charge strategies to ensure lease compliance and maximum recoverability.
Skills and qualifications
Ideally MRICS qualified with minimum 2+ years' PQE within the commercial property management sector.
- Good communication skills
- Ability to prioritise work
- Good interpersonal skills
- Organisational skills
- Ability to present advice in a coherent and succinct fashion
- MRICS or Assoc RICS desirable but not essential
- Ability to use industry software - Qube, Horizon
- IOSH desirable
The package and benefits
Competitive salary depending on experience, car allowance, 25 days annual leave, pension, private medical cover, life assurance, discretionary bonus and free parking.
How to apply
If you're looking to step up your career and work with a fast paced and dynamic property company based in Bristol then LCP is the perfect professional home. You'll also make long-lasting professional connections through sharing different perspectives, and you'll be inspired by some of the best in the sector. For further information, and a copy of the candidate information pack, please contact our retained advisor at Beach Baker Property Recruitment, Rupert Stuart-Baker on firstname.lastname@example.org / 07557 978 873.
All third party and direct applications will be forwarded to Beach Baker Property Recruitment for review.