We are delighted to be partnering with a highly successful development company to find an Estates Manager for their growing Asset and Estate Management team.
We are looking for Estates Manager to responsible for managing the Estate. In addition, the Estate Manager will be responsible for our client's occupational interests. The role is extremely varied and will evolve over time.
* Providing a full property management service for the business, ensuring the assets are managed cost effectively and in accordance with all relevant legislation and industry good practice
* Working with the Asset and Development Manager and finance teams to establish an estates management budget.
* Manage income and costs, and improve property management systems.
* Assist with asset management by supporting the Head of Asset Management with smaller leasing deals and support the leasing strategy.
* Managing existing tenants and any new tenants on commercial storage land, which is yet to be developed.
* Dealing with day-to-day enquiries and ensuring the tenants are complying with their lease obligations and the site regulations.
* Identifying any maintenance and repairs required to buildings and land, liaising with specialist contractors and the Commercial team to procure the relevant services in the most cost effective way, and recommending solutions for approval.
* Overseeing and implementing the Health & Safety strategy for the Estate, using appropriate systems to keep maintenance records to ensure the site is fully compliant;
* Liaising with wider stakeholders to resolve any issues or complaints
* Managing on site operatives and Facilities Assistant.
* Day to day property management over developments as they grow further, to include offices, research facilities, student living, retail and leisure, schools, hotels, apartments and it is envisaged that the Estate Manager will get more involved in management of the whole Estate across all property classes.
Knowledge & Experience
* Previous experience of managing a diverse range of issues within estate management;
* Good understanding of Health & Safety legislation;
* Good understanding of the landlord tenant relationship , leases and commercial property management;
* Ability to deal with commercial tenants, contractors, builders, occupiers and internal colleagues in a professional and confident manner;
* Ability to work alone and independently to prioritise tasks and manage time effectively;
* Ability to demonstrate initiative and sense of urgency;
* Good verbal and written communication
* Good use of IT
* Numerate with the ability to recommend the most cost effective solution
* Ability to take instructions and follow through;
* Ability to manage a team as schemes grow
* Being aware of changing legislation and best practice to keep the Estate up to date.
What We Offer:
The role itself offers a competitive package along with the opportunity to work in partnership with some of the most exciting schemes/new properties in the region. The successful applicant should have at least 5 years PQE years in property/estate management and be MRICS.
Please contact me with your CV if you feel that you possess the requisite experience highlighted above - firstname.lastname@example.org