Our Client is looking to recruit a Qualified Building Surveyor for their busy Building Surveying team. This position will be predominantly home based for the foreseeable future, remotely servicing their client's requirements throughout North Yorkshire.
You will be joining a Building Surveying team that work within the company's multi-discipline workforce of Architects, Building Surveyors, Highways Engineers, Drainage Engineers, M&E Engineers, Quantity Surveyors and Structural Engineers. If you are an energetic, motivated and proactive individual seeking new challenges and want to be part of a successful team in an exciting environment then we would like to hear from you.
You will be providing a variety of services including those relating to building pathology, design, project management, building surveys and contract administration. Candidates should be qualified and be equipped with suitable experience to manage an increasing project workload.
Essential Skills / Qualifications:
- Hold an accredited Building Surveying degree
- Building Surveyor with at least 3-5+ years PQE
- A full UK driving license
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Produce plan, section and detail drawings for construction using AutoCAD for refurbishments, extensions, planned maintenance and new build projects.
- Produce, submit and manage planning, building regulation and listed building applications.
- Produce schedules of work and specifications using NBS software and other documentation.
- Coordinate deliverables and work collaboratively with other disciplines including Architects, Mechanical Engineers, Electrical Engineers, Structural Engineers, Quantity Surveyors and CDM Advisors.
- Visit sites to attend meetings, carry out inspections and surveys when required.
- Carry out project design and complete H&S risk assessments to meet current CDM regulation requirements.
- Chair, document and issue formal meeting notes for multi-discipline, client and contractor meetings as and when required.
- Be committed to maintaining an annual programme of Continuing Professional Development (CPD).
- Complete work to defined business processes, standards and time frames.
- Carry out Building Surveys and write Building Survey reports and Schedules of Condition
- To be competent in the following areas as relevant to the discipline -
- Professional ethics
- Building pathology
- Construction technology and environmental services
- Contract administration
- Design and specification
- Legal/regulatory compliance
- Analysis of client requirements
- Communication and negotiation
- Conflict avoidance, management and dispute resolution procedures Conservation and restoration
- Undertaking any other duties and responsibilities as may arise
Experience and Knowledge:
- Can demonstrate their knowledge and understanding of professional ethics. Are able to describe examples where they have applied this knowledge during their work while advising Clients.
- Has experience of, and is competent to work on buildings that contain asbestos.
- Has post degree experience working as a Building Surveyor.
- Has a working knowledge of, and can describe the RICS competence elements with reasonable accuracy and completeness.
- Has practical experience of applying their knowledge of the RICS competence elements in a number of projects.
- Works under minimal supervision and completes some tasks using own judgement, but overall supervision is required, work is reviewed for adequacy on completion.
- Appreciates complex situations and obtains assistance from others to complete tasks when required.
- Has the experience of breaking down actions to achieve an overall goal.
- Experience of working closely with other disciplines to produce coordinated deliverables.
Technical Skills and Ability:
- The preparation of building and condition survey reports.
- Investigation and analysis of building defects to develop solutions to building failures.
- The preparation of feasibility studies.
- Ability to produce plans, sections and detailed drawings, specifications, schedules of works and other documents to high standards in conjunction with internal and external design disciplines.
- Proficiency with the use of the Microsoft Office Suite, Autodesk AutoCAD and NBS software.
- Contract administration of construction contracts.
- Provide advice on Health and Safety issues throughout the design and construction period of projects, taking into account the Construction Design and Management Regulations.
- The preparation of applications for statutory approval including Planning and Building Control applications. Advises on property legislation and building regulations.
- Provide advice on building related matters including fire safety, sustainability, conservation and restoration.