They provide property consultancy services to investors, occupiers and developers. Specialist sectors include industrial and logistics, alternative markets, the Scottish office market, public sector and corporate real estate services.
The Building Consultancy Group provides Building Surveying, Lease Exit, Project Management and project Monitoring Services to commercial property occupiers, developers, and investors. The Group enjoys strong and productive relationships with a first-rate client base and with many other parts of the business, including Agency, Investment, Valuation and Asset Management teams and has been identified as an area for strategic growth.
The Glasgow Building Surveying team is currently experiencing a period of sustained growth with a high number of enquiries across a range of different sectors and are therefore looking for an ambitious person to join and help drive forward their expert service offerings.
The Glasgow Building Consultancy team are seeking to recruit a Senior or Associate level building surveyor to help lead development of the team in Glasgow and to realise the opportunities to further develop the business. The successful candidate will lead and support junior members of the team, be an expert in their discipline and will report directly to the head of Building Consultancy.
* To help lead development of the Building Surveying team
* To help develop the professional services offering of the business, particularly, dilapidations, technical due diligence, vendors surveys, RCA's and PPM's
* Support the team to deliver more complex instructions.
* To build a portfolio of key client relationships, both internally and externally, founded upon technical expertise, enthusiasm and outstanding communication skills.
* To assist in management of more junior members of the team, including the APC process, ensuring that they fulfil their potential.
* MRICS qualified
* First rate report writing ability
* Proven IT skills, including high-level Excel competency
* Well organised, efficient, uses initiative and able to work to tight deadlines
* Good written/communication skills with an eye for detail
* Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, coupled with an eye for detail
* A commitment to excellence and developing strong client relationships
* Flexible and self-motivated with a real desire to deliver excellent customer service
* Positive attitude
Salary and benefits:
* Salary: competitive based on market, professional experience and qualifications
* Car allowance
* Performance related staff profit share scheme
* 26 days' holiday, plus Bank Holidays and days at Christmas and New Year.
* Pension scheme membership (after initial probationary period)
* Life and Accident insurance
* Group income protection scheme
* Private Medical Insurance
* Critical Illness Cover
* Wellbeing Allowance
* Interest Free Season Ticket Loan
* Interest Free Rental Deposit Loan
* Employee assistance programme
* Enhanced maternity and paternity pay after two years' service
* Professional subscription (MRICS) paid for by the firm
Your progression will be supported and guided by managers and mentors using a transparent framework so you can clearly see what you need to do to get to where you want to be.