Are you a Town Planner in the Cambridge area operating at or near Associate/AD level? Are you looking to work for one of the leading planning consultancies in the country? This firm are a hugely successful and ambitious organisation with a national network of offices.
We are seeking applications from MRTPI chartered Town Planners to join one of the leading planning teams in the East Anglia region. They have a really impressive client base of local and national housebuilders, developers, land owners, property companies, government organisations, public sector bodies and more. They work on exciting projects that tend to be complex and large in scale giving you fantastic exposure to really innovative and a diverse range of schemes (including but not limited to residential, mixed-use, strategic (site promotion work), complex urban regeneration schemes and commercial.
The successful candidate will be MRTPI and have a minimum of 5-6 years' experience in planning. Ideally some or all of this will be from another consultancy/private sector role. You should have a good understanding of local, regional and national planning policy and be confident interpreting it coupled with plenty of experience in preparing/submitting planning applications for a range of uses. You should be confident having business development as part of your role and be able to demonstrate your contacts and knowledge of development opportunities in the region. Your responsibilities include:
- Running major applications (Outline, Full, Sub Framework Plan and Reserved Matters) including; attending meetings, feasibility advice, drafting planning statements, public consultation and responses to consultees, preparing and submitting planning applications, delegating and managing work given to juniors, appeal work)
- The promotion of a range of development proposals
- Coordinating multi-disciplinary project teams and project management of large, complex developments
- Business development activities and attending various networking events
- Mentoring of junior staff
You will be rewarded with a competitive salary and benefits package, exposure to great projects and clients, structured and rapid progression as well as being part of a lovely team and office environment. The office has an aggressive growth plan in place with secured investment from the board so it's a great time to join them.
To apply for this role and to discuss it further please do not hesitate to contact Ruth Hoggett (email@example.com). By clicking apply, please be assured that your CV will not be sent to the client until you have been fully briefed on the role and given permission for us to do so. We will confidentially retain your details and inform you of any other suitable opportunities arising should you not be successful in this role.