Are you a Town Planner in the Birmingham area operating at Associate/Associate Director level? Are you looking to work for one of the leading planning consultancies in the country? This firm are a hugely successful and ambitious organisation with a national network of offices.
We are seeking applications from MRTPI chartered Town Planners to join one of the leading planning teams in the Midlands region. They have a really impressive client base of local and national housebuilders, developers, landowners, property companies, government organisations, public sector bodies and more. They work on exciting projects that tend to be large in scale giving you fantastic exposure to really innovative and a diverse range of schemes (including but not limited to residential, mixed-use, strategic (site promotion work) and some commercial. The team have been operating in the Midlands region for a long time and are one of the key names in the area.
The successful candidate will be MRTPI and have a minimum of 6 years' experience in town planning, ideally from within a private sector environment. You should have a strong understanding of local, regional and national planning policy and be confident interpreting it coupled with plenty of experience in running medium-large scale projects. Your responsibilities include:
- Develop client relationships, network, raise the Midlands office profile and generate work
- Promote large scale residential and mixed-use developments (both Brownfield and Greenfield) through the Local Plan Process and by coordinating professional teams to submit applications
- Run applications, appeals and inquiries, as well as developments, plans and promotions
- Co-ordinate project teams and manage projects
- Conduct research and site appraisals on projects for our client base
- Prepare, submit and negotiate planning applications
- Prepare planning and economic statements
- Prepare policy representations
You will be rewarded with a competitive salary and benefits package, exposure to great projects, structured progression and reward as well as being part of a lovely team and office environment.
To apply for this role and to discuss it further please do not hesitate to contact Ruth Hoggett (email@example.com). By clicking apply, please be assured that your CV will not be sent to the client until you have been fully briefed on the role and given permission for us to do so. We will confidentially retain your details and inform you of any other suitable opportunities arising should you not be successful in this role.