Director / Associate Directors
Beach Baker are delighted to be partnering with Christie & Co to secure two key senior appointments within the national Hospitality Valuation Services division. These exciting roles, where the successful candidates will be responsible for providing advice and valuations on businesses and going concern properties within the hotel, pub, restaurant and hospitality sectors.
About Christie & Co
Christie & Co are the leading specialist advisor for buying and selling businesses in their sectors - hotels, pubs, restaurants, childcare, healthcare, convenience retail, leisure and medical.
They employ the largest team of sector specialists in the UK and the largest group of hotel specialists in Europe, providing professional brokerage and advisory services from offices in major cities across Britain and Europe. Because they've been doing this for over 80 years, they know their sectors and local markets inside out.
They offer unrivalled insight, experience and expertise across a choice of services, including valuation, brokerage, consultancy, finance, development, investment, rent reviews, dispute resolution, and turnaround & recovery.
These services are all underpinned by their in-depth market intelligence and leading-edge technology. They accredited by the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (RICS), so you can trust in their professionalism.
About the team
Businesses are about people, so relationships matter. The Christie & Co team bring an integrity and transparency to their business. Their clients will attest to their genuine desire to help achieve their objectives, their attention to detail, and their tireless hard work on their behalf.
They understand that buying a business can bring its own pressures and strains; needs can change, plans may need to be adjusted, and opportunities can come and go.
Purpose of the roles
Provide valuation services, including portfolio valuation work, across the Hotel, Pub, Restaurant and Hospitality sectors, providing advice and valuations on businesses and going concern properties across the UK and Europe.
Working as a key member of the valuation team of experts to build strong relationships with major clients, banks, accountants and operators.
You will work within a team of Valuers and Agents who form a national team of specialist hospitality experts. You will report to the Managing Director of the division, whilst retaining a good level of autonomy. The Christie & Co brand, company reputation and market knowledge will help you to open doors and become a trusted advisor for clients to rely upon with confidence.
You will also work closely with Christie Group company colleagues to cross-sell and gain business.
These roles will involve:
- Valuing properties with trading businesses and thoroughly inspecting to determine value.
- Developing and liaising with key contacts, including solicitor, accountants and other professional bodies.
- To be a good ambassador for the company.
Skills and qualifications
- Relevant RICS accredited Real Estate Degree.
- RICS Chartered Status & RICS Registered Valuer.
- Ideally a minimum of five years' post-qualification experience.
- Exceptional negotiation and communication skills.
- Very strong IT skills with excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Knowledge of trade sector and current market trends.
- Report preparation skills.
- Professional with high standards.
- Able to develop strong working relationships.
- Numerate with strong analytical skills with methodical approach.
- Self-motivated and able to use initiative, driven and energetic.
- Excellent communication skills, listening carefully and giving feedback.
- Honest and trustworthy, team player.
- Problem-solving skills.
How to apply
If you're looking to step up your career, Christie & Co is the perfect professional home. You'll have a chance to innovate with the leading business in hospitality sector. You'll also make long-lasting professional connections through sharing different perspectives, and you'll be inspired by the best in the sector.
For further information, and a copy of the candidate information pack, please contact our retained advisors at Beach Baker Property Recruitment; Rupert Stuart-Baker (firstname.lastname@example.org / 07557 978 873) and Marie Skuce (email@example.com / 07717 829 940).
All direct and third-party applications will be forwarded to Beach Baker for review and not recognised as introductions.