Assistant Land Agent / Estates Surveyor - New Forest - Client-side
Beach Baker are delighted to be working in partnership with the largest land manager and recreation provider in England to recruit an Assistant Rural / Estates Surveyor to be based in the New Forest. This role is an excellent opportunity to join a leading organisation with a fantastic reputation and exciting property portfolio.
Responsible for over 200,000ha of land including conifer and ancient woodland, agricultural land and heathland in a wide range of environments.
They manage a varied, complex and interesting range of property assets from major recreation visitor centres and offices to small remote buildings and houses in rural settings, as well as telecoms sites, quarries, sporting agreements, cafes, and many more.
You will be:
- Managing landlord and tenant relationships to complete efficient and timely rent reviews, lease renewals and new lettings in relation to agreements for sporting lets, recreational sites, residential properties, farms and agricultural land, telecoms sites and commercial properties;
- Dealing with wayleaves and the management of utilities;
- Interpreting leases from both a landlord and tenant's perspective and offer sound professional advice to colleagues in forestry and recreation teams;
- Supporting the recreation team with existing tenant performance and also on new tenders and leases for recreation activities and development projects;
- Working with the Estates team and wider district team to improve the financial and environmental sustainability of the Estate.
What this means for you
You will have a pivotal role in the District team providing the forestry area and recreation management teams with professional advice and support.
You will ideally have:
- The ability to analyse complex and unusual estate management issues and develop detailed solutions to ensure best value.
- Experience of negotiating contract terms, acting on behalf of either a landlord or tenant.
- Experience of leading rent reviews and lease renewals on residential, commercial, or agricultural properties.
You will be working as a Rural or General Practice Surveyor and if not qualified, ideally be working towards your MRICS status.
Being a member of CAAV would be an advantage
The Package & Benefits
- 25 days annual leave increasing to 30 days plus 10.5 public, privilege and additional holidays
- Flexible working options
- A civil service pension
- CPD and professional membership support
- Access to recreations sites
How to apply
If you are looking for a friendly, knowledgeable team then this could be a great role for you.
If this sounds like the sort of role you are looking for, please get in touch with Dan Cole at Beach Baker Property Recruitment, email@example.com / 07443 880 834