Beach Baker is currently working with a privately-owned property development and investment company to recruit an experienced Property & Facilities Manager to its growing team. The company is based near Gerrards Cross in South Buckinghamshire and owns a mixed portfolio of residential and commercial properties across Bucks, Berkshire, and central London. This is an excellent opportunity to progress in property & facilities management and to take on additional responsibilities as the company continues to grow its portfolio.
This person will take on a varied role with duties including:
- Day to day management of the portfolio to ensure maximum income potential is achieved
- Appointing and monitoring agents, contractors and suppliers
- Ensuring properties comply with Health & Safety requirements including risk assessments, fire safety and fire risk management
- Oversee major refurbishment and maintenance projects for the properties
- Interpretation of leases and tenancy documents
- Liaising with tenants, clients, agents, solicitors and other staff within the business
- Management of property insurances asbestos register, gas safe inspections, portable appliance testing and lift maintenance inspections
- Providing reports and budget costing, as required. Assist with service charge budget management for a multi-tenanted commercial building
- Setting up and maintaining an effective filing and office records system
This is an office-based role working 8:30am - 5:30pm. A full driving licence is required for travel between the sites. The Property Manager will also act as out of hours keyholder for certain properties and provide an occasional out of hours on-call service if required.
The ideal candidate will have a background in property or facilities management with knowledge of health and safety legislation. They should have excellent interpersonal and communication skills, with a strong commercial acumen and the ability to negotiate effectively. A professional qualification or membership such as RICS, BIFM or IRPM would be beneficial.