Beach Baker is pleased to be working with an established Facilities Management service provider in their search for 2 Maintenance Supervisors, one based in Bedfordshire and one based in Essex.
You will be expected to provide a comprehensive and responsive maintenance service across the 2 healthcare sites. The post holder must be aware of the need to respond to reported issues within the parameters detailed in the contract and must use the CAFM system in place to evidence attendance, resolution and closure of reported issues.
Reporting to the Facilities Manager, you will be responsible for the following;
- Carry out other minor repairs such as general carpentry, plumbing, painting, re-glazing, unblocking sinks, changing locks, changing light bulbs, replacing tap washers, easing doors, to be undertaken without compromising the health and safety of the post holder or others.
- Carry out planned preventative maintenance in accordance with schedules and using a handheld PDA if required.
- Ensure at all times that work is carried out with full attention to health and safety policies and procedures.
- Pro-actively report any areas for repair as and when they are identified and/or notified.
- Where required, supervise and direct the work of specialist sub-contractors.
- To act as a Competent Person in areas in which the job holder is required to do so. Specifically, CP (LV), CP Air Conditioning; and acting as lead person for Legionella Awareness.
The successful candidate will be electrically qualified (17th Edition) with an IOSH and be an Approved Person. Previous Healthcare experience and/or understanding of PFI contracts would be an advantage.
In return, my client will offer you a competitive salary with addition 'out of hours' pay.
To apply for this role please contact Belinda Miller on 0207 7345856 or email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
We aim to get back to all applications; however, due to the volume of applications we receive, we aren't always able to do so. If you have not received a response within 4-5 working days, please assume your application has been unsuccessful this time round. We will confidentially retain your details and inform you of any other suitable opportunities arising should you not be successful in this role.