Beach Baker is pleased to be working with an established Facilities Management service provider in their search for a Maintenance Manager with an electrical bias for a large student accommodation site with over 700 rooms, based in Surbiton. This is a full time role working 37.5 hours a week, over Monday to Saturday between the core hours of 0800 - 1900. A competitive salary is on offer, with additional pay provided for each week of being 'on call'.
You will be expected to assume operational responsibility for the provision of all maintenance, commercial and compliance matters within the contract, and manage a team of two maintenance engineers.
Reporting to the Contract Manager, the key duties of the role will include:
- Resolve with the site team any failings of PPM, which require addressing.
- Ensure the PPM Management System is maintained and updated to reflect any changes.
- Carry out quality audit of all services delivered to site - implementing corrective action plan as required.
- Carry out Statutory Compliance Reviews as directed.
- Provide technical advice to the onsite team, including management of PPM and reactive tasks.
- Assist Senior Managers with the co-ordination of Service Contracts for the site to ensure value for money along with regulatory, statutory and contractual obligations.
- Effectively manage the maintenance team on site to ensure cost effective delivery of service and implement cost efficiencies where possible.
- Draft and manage site maintenance budgets, offering cost efficiencies and increased profitability where possible.
- To take an active role in resolving contractual disputes and in negotiating solutions.
- Carry out regular performance reviews of maintenance staff, implementing development / corrective plans as required.
- Carry out small works costing and management as required.
- Maintain the fixed asset register of all plant, building services and any associated equipment services.
- Manage the purchase of supplies and stores, materials, spares, and contracted out services to ensure they are undertaken in the most economic and competitive manner, consistent with the company's policies and procedures.
To be considered for this role, candidates must have the following qualifications or equivalent:
- City & Guilds 236 or 2357 level 3 - Electrical or equivalent competency
- Electrical qualification - 17th Edition
- IOSH Managing Safely
Candidates will also need previous experience in a comparable role, with knowledge of Service Level Agreements, building and information management systems, and experience of managing an operational maintenance team. Previous experience within an Education or similar accommodation environment is desirable.