With a track record of delivering exciting luxury retail and residential projects to private clients and high-end brands, our client has built up a large portfolio of impressive work / clients over the years. Our client prides themselves on the amount of repeat business they recieve due to the quality of service they provide and the high calibre QS's they employ.
Our client has an excellent training and development programme and hope to employ individuals who wish to progress within the company. Excellent APC support.
There is a role available for an intermediate QS to join the team to report directly to the QS Director. This role would suit an individual who has aspirations to quickly progress within a medium sized, reputable firm and carve a name for themselves within the luxury residential and retail sectors.
- The candidate needs to have a degree in Quantity Surveying and with say 2 to 3 years working experience.
- The candidate should ideally have had this experience either in a Private Practice or Contracting Organisation.
- To work within the small existing Quantity Surveying Team.
- To carry out all QS duties (outlined below) initially with minimal supervision. The ideal candidate needs to pick up the ropes fairly quickly and be able to run their own jobs.
Main QS Duties
- Prepare Cost Plans and Feasibility Studies including carrying out research where instructed to obtain specialist sub-contract and supplier cost information.
- Prepare tender documentation for varying types of construction procurement routes.
- Advise clients on the appropriate form of Construction Contract.
- Prepare Cashflow Forecasts and Capital Commitment Schedules (spreadsheet which captures all costs of the project not just construction costs).
- Run the tender analysis process following tender returns including drafting tender reports.
- Prepare Contract Documents and/or Letters of Intent.
- Attend Design Team and Site Progress Meetings.
- Prepare interim monthly valuations of work undertaken by appointed Building Contractor during Construction Phase of projects.
- Prepare Monthly Cost Reports and Final Accounts during Construction Phase of projects.
- Prepare VAT analysis for construction projects.
- Numeracy, literacy and language skills (English) are essential as ability to communicate clearly and succinctly with other design team members, contractors and clients is an essential function of the job.
- IT skills and knowledge of Excel and Word is a basic requirement for all candidates.
- Good Report Writing skills.