Beach Baker is currently recruiting for a FM Helpdesk Manager to join a leading FM service provider in its office near Stoke on Trent. This person will manage a team of around 12 helpdesk advisors, and be responsible for the overall service to a range of high profile corporate clients.
The key duties of the role will include:
- Responsibility for ensuring all service requests are actioned in a professional and timely manner, whilst achieving SLA consistently.
- Overall responsibility for ensuring the team effectively manage each service request, timely assign or escalate and always undertake responsibility for each request, ensuring that the correct process flows are adhered to.
- Identify and recommend any improved methods and working practices, to continuously improve service quality and reduce costs.
- To coach, manage and provide ongoing support and direction to the team, including appraisals, development reviews and opportunities for internal/external training programmes.
- Develop and deliver the Service Desk Induction/Training Plan, ensuring all individual requirements are met throughout the year.
- Provide IT support to the Service Desk, including provision of relevant system training and liaison with providers to rectify any issues.
- Promote good relationships with client contacts and site personnel and project a professional image of the business within a constantly changing environment.
- Provide support to the department in the production of key management information, including performance and operating reports for clients and senior management.
- Manage the relationship with the chosen 'out of hours' service provider, ensuring timely and accurate data is available to support the service and information is updated on a regular basis.
The ideal candidate for this role will have prior experience in managing a team, preferably from a FM or property management environment. They will also need good communication and leadership skills, with the ability to motivate and lead a team of helpdesk advisors, ensuring SLA's are met. Strong IT skills in MS Word and Excel are required, and prior use of a CAFM software system is preferred.