Beach Baker is pleased to be working with a leading FM managing agent to recruit an Estate Director for a new mixed-use development in central London. This prestigious development includes luxury apartments with resident facilities such as a swimming pool, gym, concierge and communal gardens, as well as retail and commercial units.
This person will be responsible for the management of the overall estate, ensuring that FM services are carried out in a professional and effective manner in accordance with best practice standards and meeting legislative requirements.
Main duties will include:
- To regularly liaise with occupiers and be the principal point of contact for advice and guidance in connection with the day-to-day physical operation of the estate.
- Inform Property Managers of any occupier matters that may influence valuation/investment considerations including assistance in monitoring Tenant's compliance with covenants.
- To monitor vacant/void property in conjunction with the client's insurance policy
- Ensure that the procurement of all supplies and services at the property is undertaken in accordance with company guidelines to ensure the highest standards for the best price. Monitor contractor performance against agreed standards. Review service contracts as appropriate.
- To ensure reactive maintenance and day-to-day service requirements undertaken in a timely and cost-effective manner.
- Identify and arrange minor planned works
- Prepare site regulations and issue permits to work for all contractor activities on site.
- Assist and liaise with building surveyors/architects/consultants on major works.
- To be directly responsible for junior site-based employees and their assessment, training and development. To advise on staff structures required.
- Establish and maintain proper site records in accordance with best practice rules.
- Ensure that adequate provision is made for emergency and out of hours cover.
- To assist the Property Management team in the financial management of the property through the preparation of service charge budgets, the monitoring of agreed budgets to pre-defined cash limits, quarterly variance reporting and service charge reconciliation to agreed accounting practices.
The ideal candidate for this role will have prior experience in the overall facilities management of a similar mixed-use development, with a strong understanding of service charge budget management. They should also have excellent communication skills and experience of managing a site-based FM team.