DEPUTY FACTOR : RURAL SCOTTISH ISLAND
To £45,000 plus Company Vehicle plus Pension plus Healthcare
We are assisting a beautiful Scottish island to recruit a Deputy Factor, who will live on the island and enjoy the lifestyle of working with an outstanding estate based just off the Scottish mainland.
Reporting directly into the Factor, this is a responsible and varied role where you will manage a large estate, comprising a mix of asset types which includes a large farm portfolio, forestry asset, and a sizeable residential portfolio.
You will be liaising with many stakeholders, tenants and other occupants of this large and vibrant estate and community undertaking the day-to-day management of assets and land to support the Factor.
Responsibilities will include:
- Building strong relationships with a range of stakeholders and tenants
- Assisting the Factor with an assortment of interesting, and at times, challenging key projects in order to deliver strategic outcomes for the estate
- Setting and reviewing policies and procedures to enable the efficient management of the portfolio
- Tenancy and other legal matters for farms, commercial and residential assets
- Day to day management of the estate, including managing consents, easements, wayleaves; maintenance plans, inspections and overseeing repairs
- Handling tenant enquiries
Candidates will possess strong communication skills and a passion for living and working within a rural community. As an MRICS surveyor, you will have experience of handling issues relating to agricultural assets; estate management experience; strong knowledge of agricultural legislation and ideally be CAAV qualified.
This is a truly beautiful island, offering a range of activities to engage with from spotting seals to golf and sailing. The island is home to buildings of architectural significance with a significant Victorian built heritage. Rothesay is a lively seaside town which offers a range of bed and breakfasts and hotels, with busy bars and restaurants. Of course, all other amenities including schools, colleges, hospitals and shopping are available - therefore the island provides a fantastic way of life combining all modern amenities with the ability to enjoy the many facets of island living.
A short distance (35 mins) from the mainland, candidates will be expected to reside on the island where a property will be made available to rent.
To apply for this position, please call Wendy Campbell on 0207 734 5856 or email me on email@example.com, quoting reference 886549