Beach Baker is currently working with a market leading distribution company to recruit a Facilities Manager, who will be responsible for the mobilisation and ongoing management of a new world class distribution centre near Didcot.
This is an excellent client-side FM opportunity, where the successful candidate will assist the Facilities Director in preparing the new site for occupation and then providing an efficient and safe environment for the company's employees and visitors.
Duties of the role will include:
- Reviewing contractor risk assessments and method statements, and issuing permits to work for contractors.
- Identifying and raising defects related to the construction of the new site through the appropriate channels.
- Cataloguing building and plant spares and monitoring usage.
- Manage the facilities helpdesk issues to ensure they are resolved quickly and internal customers are kept updated on progress / resolution.
- Manage the outsourced facilities contracts including vertical and horizontal cleaning, security, maintenance (M&E, fabric, handyman and lifts), catering and vending, stationery, grounds maintenance, waste, utilities, couriers/post services and pest control. This includes regular meetings to review service levels and performance against specifications and cost monitoring.
- Assist with move and change projects and undertaking space planning scenarios using AutoCAD software.
- Assist with managing health and safety ensuring compliance, evaluating risk assessments, reviewing procedures, training, statutory testing and meetings.
- Issuing access passes and keys.
- Assist with business continuity planning and building incidents.
- Assist with environmental management and administration.
The successful candidate for this role will be an experienced Facilities Manager, capable of managing multiple service contracts including HVAC and electrical systems. They will need to be able to work autonomously and have a methodical approach to ensuring the right standard and quality of work is produced. The candidate should also be a BIFM member and have an IOSH or NEBOSH qualification. Experience of managing small move and change projects is desirable.