Job Title: Clerk of Works
Location: Central London - South Kensington.
Salary: £35,000 - £38,000 (Dependent on experience)
Our client, a leading visitor attraction organisation, are looking for a Building Surveyor to join their Estates team in South Kensington. This is a truly unique opportunity to become part of one of the most important cultural institutions in the world, with outstanding collections and programmes that impact on millions.
As a clerk of works you will play a key role in ensuring the achievement of standards and performance of fabric, infrastructure and systems related works carried out by a masterplan project to deliver a significant collection works creating a new home for the organisations collections.
Your main responsibilities will include:
- Ensuring contractors achieve required standards of quality and workmanship
- Ensure projects and works are delivered to agreed drawings, specification and schedule, and comply with relevant standards, guidance and legislation.
- Site visits to carry out visual inspections prior to work commencing, at key stages throughout construction and at practical completion.
- Ensure contractors are always compliant with health safety legislation, codes of practice, building regulations and the science museums own policies, guidelines and procedures.
- Review, scrutinise and approve risk assessments and method statements (RAMS) and permits for works carried out in the Museum, and monitor that work is carried out in the correct manner.
You will have several years' experience at craft or technician level in construction or civil engineering. You will have proven experience in a supervisory capacity on construction sites and refurbishment and repair works. A working knowledge of building fabric and trades, with project management of minor works and capital projects.
It's essential that you will be a registered member of the institute of clerk of works (Part II) or educated to at least HNC/HND level in a core profession. The successful candidate will have appropriate qualifications in a relevant building or construction related subject, have completed a Site Management Safety Training Scheme (SMSTS) course and be a CSCS Card Holder.
To apply for this please email your CV to email@example.com with your contact details or alternatively call 0207 734 5856 quoting job reference CW/886207
I aim to get back to all applications, however; if you have not received a response within 4-5 working days, please assume your application has been unsuccessful this time round. I will confidentially retain your details and inform you of any other suitable opportunities arising should you not be successful in this role.