Beach Baker is currently recruiting for a Building Manager to work for a leading managing agent at a Grade A multi-tenanted office building in Bristol city centre, close to Temple Meads.
The Building Manager will have overall responsibility for the operation of the site, with duties including:
- Work as part of the Managing Agent's team to ensure landlord's objectives are achieved and to have a proactive involvement in all aspects of the building's management.
- Ensure that all Health & Safety statutory and corporate requirements are met at all times.
- Liaise with tenants and visitors in a professional manner and contribute to the delivery of a high-quality corporate office environment.
- Manage on-site contractors including front of house team, ensuring their work is carried out to a high standard in line with their agreements.
- Assist Property Manager with the preparation and ongoing monitoring of service charge budgets.
- Undertake regular testing / checks of fire alarms and other equipment in compliance with regulations.
- Ensure that all plant and equipment is maintained by appointed contractors on a regular basis and that full records are kept of all works undertaken.
The ideal candidate for this role will have prior experience in a similar role within property or facilities management, with an excellent understanding of M&E services and H&S legislation. An IOSH or NEBOSH qualification would be desirable. Candidates should have the ability to work on their own initiative, with demonstrable management capability and excellent communication skills.