Beach Baker is currently working with a leading commercial property management consultancy to recruit a Building Manager for a landmark office building in central Bristol. The property is part way through an extensive refurbishment project and is almost fully let to a range of corporate occupiers.
The Building Manager will have overall responsibility for the operation of the site, with duties including:
- Ensure that all Health & Safety statutory and corporate requirements are met at all times.
- Work as part of the Managing Agent's team to ensure landlord's objectives are achieved and to have a proactive involvement in all aspects of the building's management.
- Liaise with tenants and visitors in a professional manner and contribute to the delivery of a high quality office environment.
- Manage on-site contractors, ensuring their work is satisfactorily completed in line with their agreements.
- Assist Surveyors with the preparation and ongoing monitoring of service charge budgets.
- Undertake regular testing / checks of fire alarms and other equipment in compliance with regulations.
- Ensure that all plant equipment is maintained by appointed contractors on a regular basis and that full records are kept of all works undertaken.
The ideal candidate for this role will have prior experience in a similar role within property or facilities management, with an excellent understanding of H&S requirements and legislation. An IOSH or NEBOSH qualification would be desirable. Candidates should have the ability to work on their own initiative, with demonstrable management capability and excellent communication skills.
A competitive salary is offered, plus benefits including an allocated parking space within the building and a company mobile phone. Working hours are between 07:30-17:30 Monday to Friday.