Beach Baker is working with a leading FM managing agent to recruit an Assistant Facilities Manager for a multi-tenanted commercial property in the West End.
The AFM will take responsibility for the management of services across the site, including Health & Safety, hard and soft services, building fabric and the service charge. The role will report into a Senior Facilities Manager who is based at a different site nearby.
Key duties of the role include:
- Ensure all services necessary are provided for the full and effective operation of the building in accordance with the provisions of the lease.
- Liaise regularly with all the tenants and occupiers keeping them informed of all works and services within the buildings.
- Attend regular contractor meetings and take specific ownership for managing the contracts at designated buildings. Inspect site records, method statements and contracts specifications for these contracts on a regular basis. Monitor contractor performance, attendance, cost and value.
- Ensure that all safety records, statutory inspections, reports and documentation are retained and up to date at the properties. Report any unsafe acts/defects to the Senior FM immediately.
- Assist in the preparation of service charge budgets, which are to be considered and reviewed by the Management Surveyor.
- Approve expenditure on building services and monitor service charge expenditure for the property.
The ideal candidate for this role will have prior experience in an Assistant FM or Facilities Coordinator level role, preferably from a managing agent environment. They should be experienced in dealing with H&S, service charge budgets and managing contractors, with excellent communication skills and the ability to work independently.